The moment to activate voice calls in WhatsApp has come, although I must say that not everyone can do it, even gathering all requirements. And is that the version 2.11.508 of WhatsApp for Android already has everything you need to make calls, among other curiosities, as we also have commenting here, and the process to activate it is really simple, as long as you have rooted your device.
As we told before, you need to gathering certain requirements in order to activate voice calls on WhatsApp, as have a device with Android 4.4 KitKat or up (also on Android 4.2 and up), furthermore of having done the root on the device, and even so there are many users that it does not work for them. Here we explain the steps necessary to achieve enable this new functionality awaited by all of us.
How to Enable Voice Calls on WhatsApp
- Requirements: To have rooted your device and have Android 4.2 or up.
- Uninstall whatsApp. Before that, make the necessary copies.
- Install the Beta version of WhatsApp for Android 2.11.508. You can download it here.
- Install the application Terminal Emulator for Android, you can download it from Google Play.
- Execute Terminal Emulator for Android and write the following code to activate the superuser: su
- Then we write the following code: am start -n com.whatsapp/com.whatsapp.HomeActivity
- Make a call to another user who also have installed the version 2.11.508 of WhatsApp for Android.
- Receive a call from the other user, so we’ll both have active the calls permanently.
As you see it is not a very difficult process, provided you already have rooted you device and you have some friend or other mobile with WhatsApp Android version 2.11.508, but as we have say, it not always work, but if it does we already can send calls to all our contacts. We also let you a video.
And What if i have not rooted my device, How enable voice calls on WhatsApp?
As we have already said, if we have not rooted our Android device we can also activate Voice Calls on WhatsApp, but for this we need to have a friend or contact with a rooted phone and the 2.11.508 version of WhatsApp in our Android device. Explain him the steps or sent him directly here, he must to do the steps for the activation, and then he must send you an invitation with a call.
Surely will be the company itself which will start to activate the voice calls this week, so if you are unable to activate them now, do not worry, because we are a few days, or hours, to make it available for everyone.